Wingspan Nesting Box Board Game Insert / Organizer
Organizer/insert only. Does not include the board game!
This is an insert / organizer for the Wingspan Nesting Box. It holds all content released to date; has plenty of room for future content; supports upgraded tokens (GeekUp bits shown), premium sleeves (Gamegenic Prime sleeves shown), and vertical storage; has no lid lift; fits entirely within the middle section of the middle layer of the Nesting Box (except for the card stand, which fits in the base); and aids setup and teardown. Here are some additional features of the insert:
* Individual player trays that support upgraded tokens. Pictured are miniature birdhouses from the BGG Store in the five original player colors. The original Nesting Box tray didn’t comfortably fit these, and the slots were a bit difficult to use because they were deep and narrow. I find shallower and wider trays to be much easier to use, so you’ll see this approach taken throughout this insert. Here, I made the player trays large enough to hold the original cubes alongside a set of upgraded tokens (although your mileage may vary depending on how large your upgraded tokens are). I also separated the trays so you can just hand a tray to each player and they can get set up.
* Three food/nectar trays to distribute around the table. I made these large enough to accommodate upgraded food/nectar tokens, including the GeekUp bits that are shown in the pictures. The original Nesting Box trays didn’t hold all the upgraded nectar bits, but I made a long slot on these trays so they all fit.
* Three card trays with adjustable dividers. The currently released content (base, European, Oceania, Asia) fills two of these trays when sleeved using Gamegenic Prime premium sleeves. The third tray can be used to hold the cards you’ve already used (in case you like to shuffle up everything and then work your way through the whole set over the course of multiple games), or you can use it to keep specific types of cards separated (such as keeping the Asia cards together as a separate set). You can use these trays as card shoes laying flat on the table, or you can stand them up vertically and pull the cards from the top. There is an angled wedge at the base of each tray that keeps the cards from falling out when standing vertically. I keep the Bonus and Automa cards in the slots built in to the right side of the middle tray in the Nesting Box, but there is room to put them in the 3D printed card trays if you prefer.
* Three egg trays with openings shaped like eggs. These trays hold all 135 eggs that came with the base game and the European, Oceania, and Asia expansions. If you have more eggs, such as if you purchased the speckled eggs, I have provided an alternate version of these trays that provides more space. Instead of having an egg-shaped opening, the alternate trays just maximize the space within each tray so you can fit more eggs.
* A dice and goal tile tray. It holds all three sets of dice that come with the base game and the Oceania and Asia expansions. There are two slots that can hold the goal tiles from the base game and the European and Oceania expansions (the Duet goals from Asia are stored in a separate Duet tray). I left some extra room so additional goal tiles can be stored if any are released in future expansions. I have also added a spot to place a bag, in case you want to store your goal tiles in the bag and randomly grab them from there during setup. The bag shown is one of the microfiber bags sold on the BGG Store.
* A Duet tray that holds the Duet goals, the player cubes, and the yin/yang tokens that came with the Asia expansion. This tray has two removable trays that sit within it. One holds the black player pieces and the other holds the white. You can remove these trays, hand them to each player, and they can get set up quickly. I left room for additional Duet goal tiles in case any are released in future expansions.
* A flock mode and first-player marker tray. This holds the flock mode dial, the 6 and 7 player overlays for the flock mode dial, and the first-player markers from the base game and the Asia expansion.
* A card stand for holding upright the three bird cards that are on offer. This stand is stored in the base of the box. If you prefer to use the original flat plastic trays for the bird offering, you can still do that. The base and European bird trays both fit in the base of the Nesting Box along with this card stand.
* Supports vertical storage, and passed my vigorous upside-down shake test.
* Plenty of finger holes to make it easy to get the trays and components out of the box.
Designed by JS5002 on Printables. We have agreement with him to sell his designs in exchange for a royalty. -https://www.printables.com/model/323468-wingspan-nesting-box-insert-organizer-holds-all-cu